2. “Personal Information” means Personal Data as defined by the Personal Data Protection Act 2021 of Singapore, which is to say any data about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data together with other information which Plano has access, including any and all information provided by the user, regardless of the user’s location, in connection of Plano’s Services with respect to the user and his/her children.
3. The accuracy and completeness of the Personal Information is wholly dependent on the information provided by the user. The user may at any time request Plano to provide them access to the Personal Information collected with respect to said user until such time and change or delete information, unless otherwise precluded by law. Plano is designed to be used by children with the direct and continuous supervision of their parents/guardians/legally supervising adults.
4. Plano does not knowingly allow any person under the age of 18 to register or use the Application. Plano does not knowingly collect any Personal Information about persons under the age of 18 without their parents/guardians/legally supervising adults’ consent.
7. Plano shall protect the Personal Information by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, “hacks”, collection, use, disclosure or other similar risks, by implementing technological safeguards and policies, which will be updated as appropriate.
7.1 Access to the user accounts will be password protected. The user must properly log-off from the account and close the browser in order to maintain the protection. It is the user’s responsibility to safe-guard the password. The user agrees not to hold Plano responsible for any damage or losses caused due to failure to comply with the above.
7.2 All the information collected may be accessed only by Plano authorized employees.
10. The user acknowledges and agrees that all information provided to Plano or information arising from his, or his children’s activities on the Site and/or Application or information collected on the user, and his children, while browsing the Site or using the Application, will be stored in the databases of Plano, powered by Amazon Web Services. Without any limitation, the stored Personal Information, can be transmitted as may be required, between various companies held by Plano and/or by companies holding Plano.
11. The user may at any time update the Personal Information on the Site by accessing the user account and/or contact the Privacy Compliance Officer referenced in section 8 above.
12. The user may at any time withdraw their consent to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information by giving reasonable notice to Plano.
13. Upon receipt of the user’s notice of withdrawal of consent, or by any other case of termination of Plano’s Services, Plano will cease collection and/or using Personal Information of the user, unless otherwise required or authorized by law.
14. By registering to Plano’s Services and/or by providing an email address the user agrees, to receive advertisements, including offers to buy or for services or mailing advertising of any kind and/or system messages and/or messages services and etc from Plano. The user may withdraw such consent at any time here https://plano.co/contact/.
15. The user may at any time request to be removed from any mailing list, including by clicking on the remove bottom link of each email message sent by Plano.
16. The user undertakes to save the user name and password confidential. Username and personal password are intended for personal use only. Plano shall not be liable for any invasion of privacy or any other harm caused by the use of unauthorized username and personal password.
17. The user hereby confirms that it is aware and consents to Plano transferring their Personal Information to vendors and third parties, where necessary, including but not limited to the following:
17.1 The supply of Plano Services;
17.2 For the improving and offering of related products and services or others;
17.3 For the provision of notifications and/or providers of products and/or similar third party services providers; and
17.4 For the provision of products or services ordered on the Site and/or Application such as making an online booking with a vendor and/or a third party.
18. The user herby confirms that it is aware and consents to the transfer of the Personal Information to specific third parties, which may be located outside of Singapore as part of Plano’s Services. These third parties will not use the Personal Information for any other purposes than what Plano has agreed with the user for the provision of Plano’s Services except with the prior written consent of the user. Plano requests those third parties to implement adequate levels of protection in order to safeguard Personal Information. Plano respects the user’s, and his children’s, Personal Information and therefore, Plano will take steps to ensure that the user, and his children, privacy rights continue to be protected if Plano transfers information outside of Singapore in this way. Similarly, if the user uses Plano’s Services while outside of Singapore, the information may be transferred outside Singapore in order to provide the user with those services.
19. Plano will be allowed to use the Personal Information the user had provided in the provision of the Plano Services, in responding to user queries, as statistical information for analysis and for other sources, including for the purposes of examining the manner of use of Plano’s Services, buying habits segmentation, generic segmentation etc. all with the aim of improving Plano’s Services.
20. Plano will be allowed to use the Personal Information the user had provided for medical, historical, statistical, analytical, research, purposes or provide such information to third parties for conducting such or related activities, including data analysis, so long as such Personal Information used is made anonymous. Such Personal Information may comprise any information collected by Plano, including eye tests results, changes in the user medical condition, age, gender, degree of myopia & changes thein overtime, usage of Plano and its services, manner of use of electronic devices and other information collected by Plano which does not identify any specific user.
22. By accepting the terms and conditions the user agrees that even if his Personal Information is stored in a Do Not Call Registry, the user agrees that the acceptance of the terms and conditions herein allow Plano to make any use of the Personal Identification supplied by the user including contact the user, through phone, sms, facsimile and other electronic regardless of the Personal Information stored in the Do Not Call Registry.